Friday, April 22, 2011

role play

Last week I had a lovely girls dinner for Austin Restaurant Week. As at most good lady meals there was boy talk. Should one girl accept an invite with the new gent she was seeing to go to a concert that "good vibes" and glow sticks were welcome at but unopened tampons weren't? The tribe said no.

That wasn't even the best part of the evening. I think the hi light of the night was the reading out loud of a text message convo between lady, who we will call "A "and a dude who we will call "J". I am not cool enough to have an iphone but the beauty of one is that it really makes it easy to turn that convo that was had earlier into a rousing game of role play. Best played when the party involved doesn't get to read her role but just listen. I think we might be on to something here. A whole play make up of a text message convo. For the readers that weren't there, as I type I fear this is one of those you had to be there situations. I do highly recommend in the future if one of your friends has had an intense text convo with a dude take the chance to read it out loud. Sure you might not figure out a solution or what went wrong, but you will probably laugh and believe me, there was lots of laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment