Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Holy Brisket Batman


Sunday aka Father’s Day I went to a BBQ place I have wanted to check out. I read about it a few weeks ago then my brother g-chatted me about it last week. I mentioned this BBQ place to my friend AH and she said her husband DH had wanted to try it as well. DH’s and I’s great minds think alike. Plans were made and we headed to Franklin’s BBQ on Sunday. Originally we were going to meet there at 11 when they opened but AH is preggers with little baby M and slept in a bit. We got there around 12:15ish and waited in line. By the time we got to the front the only meat available was brisket, so we all got the brisket and it was FRANFREAKINGTASTIC. Seriously, it will go down as some of the best brisket ever. I got a mixture of the moist and lean on my sandwich and was a happy camper. I forgot to take pictures of my sandwich before I devoured it but the owner came around and brought out little pieces of meat as we were finishing up. We were gone by a little after 1 and they were sold out for the day. You must must must try Franklin’s BBQ but get there early. It’s a small operation out of a trailer on the feeder road of I-35 but don’t let that confuse you. They mean business. I can’t wait to go back and try the ribs and sausage. I will be returning very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment