Wednesday, June 27, 2012

50 down..make that 51

Last night I finished my 50th book and then today I finished listening to The Mockinjay for my 51st book. 51 books done for the year. My friends know I love to read and often ask for good suggestions. I am going to post the list of the 51 books below. I am not going to claim that they are all deep reads, because they aren't but for the most part, I enjoyed every book I read. My faves are hi-lighted in yellow. Those are the books I think you need to run out and read ASAP! Obviously the Harry Potter Books and the Hunger Games books are great. I didn't include them as my tops because they were audio books this time around and I had already read them before. 

  1. The Winter of our Disconnect: I am a sucker for a book about someone else’s life and the crazy thing they decided to do.
  2. The Amazing adventures of Kavilier and Clay: Michael Chabon
  3. Shop Your Closet
  4. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
  5. House of Mirth
  6. The Night Circus
  7. Moon Called
  8. Explosive 18
  9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
  10. Divergent
  11. I love your Style
  12. The Magicians
  13. Escape from Saddam
  14. The Reversal- Michael Connelly
  15. Good Christian Bitches
  16. Crossed
  17. Smart Women
  18. Empire of the Summer Moons
  19. All that Remains- Patricia Cornwell
  20. I’ll Be Seeing You- Mary Higgins Clark
  21. The Paris Wife
  22. A Great and Terrible Beauty
  23. Bond Girl: Erin Duffy
  24. Defending Jacob: Great mystery and page turner.
  25. 50 Shades of Gray
  26. Rebel Angels
  27. Nicole Brown Simpson: The Private Diary of a Life Interrupted
  28. 50 Shades Darker
  29. 50 shades freed
  30. The Fame Game
  31. Taken
  32. Prodigal Summer
  33. The Hunger Games
  34. The Sweet Far Game
  35. Savannah Blues
  36. If I Stay
  37. Where She Went
  38. Maze Runner: Loved this whole series. Yes, they are young adult but well written. Other books in the series are #41 and 50
  39. Wild
  40. Wonder: One of the best most heartwarming books I have read in a very long time. It made my heart very happy.
  41. The Scorch Trials
  42. Sharp Objects
  43. Catching Fire
  44. Little Bitty Lies
  45. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
  46. The Wedding Girl
  47. Insurgent
  48. Guts- Kirsten Johnston
  49. Then Came You- Jennifer Weiner
  50. The Death Cure
  51. The Mockingjay

1 comment: