Saturday, May 22, 2010

24 Diner

Tonight I checked out 24 Diner with my friends L and M. Overall thoughts= it was decent. They had been written up about this Roasted Banana and Brown Sugar shake and it was by far the best thing. M and I split it and that was plenty. Very rich but so yummy. The rest of the meal was fine but nothing to wild crazy and new. M had the waffles which is what I went into the evening wanting but then saw a burger that caught my fancy. Waffle was okay but not what I thought it would be. That being said, I am not sure the last time I had a waffle. L had the pulled chicken sandwich and liked it but thought it would be better on different bread. My burger was good and made from ground brisket. Fries were also good and we tried the mac and cheese. The waiter said it was amazing, and well clearly he has never had really good mac and cheese. I like to consider myself a bit of a mac and cheese expert. Mainly because I love it and because 2ish years ago I planned a mac and cheese taste test. Anyway, it just wasn't that good. Too runny and was missing something in the flavor and it was weird to have big chunks of green onion chopped and sitting on the top. Waiter man, don't think this is the best. There is much better out there, including a personal favorite Lubys!

By far the best part of the meal was the conversation. Given a little more time and not feeling like we were getting the evil for holding the table hostage for 3 hours, I am pretty sure we could have solved world hunger or balanced the nations budget. Next time ladies!


No, this was not tonight but the picture really shows off my love of nautical and anchors and L's not being embarrassed of my stellar style! Plus in discussing blogs we all agreed that pictures were necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment