Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Overheard at work

Co-worker on her phone “ I’m going to let my beautiful self go” aka get off the phone. Special. This same co-worker also keeps her cell phone ringer on and I get to hear a variety of rap music when she gets a call. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE me some rap music, but hearing the same 2 lines of a song is not what I had in mind for rocking out.

Which brings up the other point, cell phone ringers on at work in my book is a no no. What do you need to have it on for? If you are sitting at your desk you will hear it vibrate and can answer. If you are away chances are high you aren’t close enough to hear it ring in the first place so your co-workers just get to listen to your terrible choice of ring tone. I wonder what Emily Post has to say on this issue.

Also overheard last week at work in the break room

" I mean they just got back from Shreveport. They wanted a nice weekend away" I had to stop myself from laughing out loud. I have been to Shreveport and I don’t think I would call it a place I would pick for a nice weekend away. Smoke filled and hot yes, nice, not so much. A drive thru daiquiri can only help the city out so much.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but you forgot the racism...oh, the racism. Oh yeah and Strawns' strawberry pie!

    ReplyDelete