Sunday, August 15, 2010

Easily Annoyed

I am beginning to think I am easily annoyed and perhaps I need to work on remedying this. I was talking to someone yesterday about my unlove of having to work in a cube. I hate hearing everyone else’s business. Not so much their business as the noises they make. There are the 2 woman who are constantly clearing their throats. Not like 2 or 3 times a day, more like 2 or 3 times in a 15 minute time frame. As I typed that sentence it just happened twice. Day after day this sound begins to weigh on me and now it is slowly starting to drive me crazy. Then one of these same throat clearers also cackles very loudly on the phone. I don’t know how the person on the other end doesn’t go deaf but it is beyond loud. She seems to have zero concept of an inside voice or laugh. I mean is it just me or do these things drive other nuts too?? I am thinking about bringing headphones in and listening to a book on cd during the day. It would certainly be a nice change of pace and at least drown out the throat clearing. There is no hope for drowning out the cackle.

1 comment: