Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Lights of Broadway

Sunday me and 3 of my super awesome lady friends are heading to Broadway, well Broadway across America here in Austin. We are going to see Jersey Boys. I need to calm myself down over this one because I have been wanting to see it for years and keep hearing how great it is so I need to get my expectations in check so I don't end up disappointed. I love me a musical and even better if I know some of the words and can sing along with my voice of an angel. If any of my readers have heard me sing they know what I am talking about. While I am excited about Jersey Boys, I feel like now is the time for me to let it be known that my favorite musical EVER is Annie. I have loved it always and will love it forever. The songs make sense and seem natural. Scrubbing the floors of the orphanage? Breaking into It's a Hard Knock Life seems reasonable to me. Annie is a classic and without fail will put a smile on my face. I see some Annie watching in my future.

2 comments:

  1. My mom said Jersey Boys put on quite a show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to tell you the other night how much I love your blog! It's the only blog I read-very entertaining.

    I think you'll like Jersey Boys. The songs will be stuck in your head for a few days. But I have to agree with you...there's no musical like Annie!

    ReplyDelete