Monday, June 7, 2010

Foreign and Domestic


Foreign and Domestic is a new restaurant here in Austin. It opened a few weeks ago and I went with my friend to check it out. I should start by telling you that they love bacon and bacon products here. They have chocolate covered bacon for dessert. I had a small taste of it and it was like heaven. Bacon for dessert is sure to be sweeping the nation very soon. There were 4 of us at dinner so we had a good opportunity to try out lots of different items. For appetizers we tried That Beautiful Ass, Poppy Cock, Warm Tender Spinach Salad, and Bib Lettuce and Soft Herbs salad. My favorite was the warm tender spinach salad. It has dewberries in it which I honestly thought was a made up berry. Some of the spinach was wilted it resembled more of a steamed spinach but it was delicious. Dinner has us trying Corn Ravioli, Stube Ranch Flat Iron Steak and the Ripper. My flat iron steak was cooked to perfection and was perfectly seasoned. It practically melted in my mouth. The Ripper was a sight to be seen. It is sausage that is wrapped in bacon.

If they say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach then I am going on a first day with some new suitor here. I don’t remember what all we had for dessert but the winner was the Coconut Sundae. Well all agreed it was amazing but we were left wanting more than the small taste of the chocolate covered bacon we got from a new by table. Go check out Foreign and Domestic. It was yummy and has a great feeling to it. They also have Sofia, which if you haven’t had before is worth enjoying. Champagne in a can with a straw, yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment